KFUPM currently offers 32 Master Programs and 11 Doctorate Programs in 27 different disciplines.
We welcome outstanding and talented prospective graduate students from around the nation and the world to apply for Graduate Studies. Besides national students, KFUPM currently has international graduate students from 28 different nationalities. This adds to the richness & diversity of the academic and research environment at KFUPM.
The University currently offers 32 Master programs and 11 Doctoral programs in a full range of traditional disciplines, as well as interdisciplinary programs that anticipate market trends and respond to national needs. KFUPM provides full MS and PhD scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences and Business.
All graduate admissions are administered by the Deanship of Graduate Studies (DGS). Candidates who intend to enroll in graduate programs at the University need to submit an online application available on the website of DGS on the link http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/application/preonline.asp . The online application is available only during the application periods according to the posted application deadlines on the link http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/main/deadlines.asp . The graduate admission is open twice a year for the two semesters: The Fall Term (usually starting in September) and the Spring Term (usually starting in February).
After submission of the online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application using this link: http://adgs.kfupm.edu.sa/
Mandatory documents for application (without which application will not be processed)
- Copy of identification (National ID for Saudi nationals / Passport for international applicants / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree and MS degree (if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals).
- Recommendation Letters from 3 Professors through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- GMAT scores for MBA program (for international applicants).
Other supporting documents (needed for final admission decision)
- Certificates for BS degree and MS degree (if applying to PhD).
- TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD).
- Acceptable GRE General score (min. Quant. is 700, min. Analytical is 3.0).
- Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
The online application is available only during the application periods according to the posted application deadlines on the link http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/main/deadlines.asp.
Distinguished Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions
KFUPM has very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy research.
- Stanford: Oil and Gas research.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Refining and Petrochemicals research.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals research.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas research.
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (one of the petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical and Polymers research.
Many other world-class universities and industries on different research fields.
Centers for Research Excellence at KFUPM
To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established the following Centers for Research Excellence:
- KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy (http://ccwce.mit.edu/).
- National Center of Research Excellence on Nanotechnology (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/cent/).
- National Center of Research Excellence on Renewable Energy (http://corere.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- National Center of Research Excellence on Refining and Petrochemicals (http://core-prp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- National Center of Research Excellence on Corrosion (http://core-c.edu.sa/).
- Center in Development on Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and Polymers (http://cid-rpp.kfupm.edu.sa).
- Center of Excellence on Maintenance (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/ceim/).
- Center of Excellence on Supply Chain Management (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/cescm/).
- National Technology Innovation Center on Carbon Capture.
For more information, please visit :